We have all heard the word chakra being tossed around from time to time, it could be from a friend, family member, or even a co-workers mentioning it, and if you are not entirely familiar with what it is about, then it can be confusing to understand. The word chakra is basically a Sanskrit word that translates into disk or wheel. It was first found to be mentioned in the Vedas, which happens to be one of the oldest tests in India.
Chakra basically refers to the spiritual center in our bodies, and there are a total of seven chakras in our body, each of which happen to be associated with different organs and different states of being. It is believed that when our chakras are not balanced, or if they are blocked, then they end up causing problems in us physically, mentally, emotionally, and in our overall being. When our chakras are not blocked and in balance, we experience prana, which is basically a vibrant, healing energy. Molly Coeling is a reiki practitioner that can assist you if you feel as though your chakra might be blocked.
- The root chakra, which is considered to be the first chakra and the foundation is responsible for our survival and sense of security. It is believed to be associated with our pelvic floor and the base of the spine.
- The sacral chakra is associated with creativity and sexual energy, and is located around our pubic bone.
- The solar plexus chakra governs self-esteem, personal power, will power and commitment.
- The heart chakra is believed to be associated with compassion and love in all its forms.
- The throat chakra is associated with communication, so both listening and communication skills.
- The third-eye chakra helps assess our intuition.
- Lastly, the crown chakra is basically the center of enlightenment, our connection to the divine and to our higher selves.